Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi what is the confirmed type of oil needed to be used with a 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R?  I rolled into Valvoline instant oil change and was sold MaxLife Oil Change  with Valvoline Oil Filter VO113 & Valvoline 5W30 MaxLife Oil API SN and 6 guarts synthetic.

but i am looking at a chart showing the 4-cylinder does synthetic but the 3.6R that i have does  conventional with a 6k mile interval. which one is right?  i dont want to waste $70 on synthetic oil and go 10k miles if it isnt right or if its going to hurt the car.

thanks

dave

hey thanks guys...so stupid questions...the 3.6R is an "EZ" engine type?  whats that mean?

also, dino oil?  what's that?

215suba

and i just dug up a flyer showing oil details from the dealer...its says you can use synthetic or regular oil but if you use synth oil then you need to follow the same mileage intervals...what's the point of paying 2-4x for synth oil versus conventional to only have to change at the same interval?