Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 S1 combo switch into EA81 ?

jono

just looking at a combo indicator / hazard / high beam switch from an early EA82 and thinking it looks similar to an EA81 combo switch. Has anyone adapted something later into EA81 steering column mounted combo switches ?

These EA82 switches have a weird inbuilt flasher can functon which would screw with the EA81 flasher can installed already .... but, there are some genius's out there ....

Why are you looking at swapping? Your's is dead and need a replacement?

I remember a mate 20 years ago having his flashers die on his 85 model and managed to find the resistive bit of wire in question on the circuit board. If you could cut & intercept that, or else bypass the flasher in the EA81, that might work.

and what got my attention - the white plastic indicator cancel doo hickeys - wondered if they interchanged !

Ah the part if it was available would be fitted to every subaru over twenty years old, You could always look into one of those TSD (Time Speed Distance) fancy Flasher cans Harleys and a few other things use them and they take care of cancelling the blinkers by themselves, That or a bloody annoying buzzer whenever the blinkers are on.

ahh :) my 17  years as a non cancelling blinker owner - the fingers are well trained ...

maybe i should be making it work in a Brumby ?

I am pretty sure that new combo switches are available genuine, just the hock shop would be stocking a lot of left nuts :D