Ultimate Subaru Message Board

questions about 4EAT: similarities between models

I picked up a JDM GTII Touring wagon on the weekend which has the 4EAT automatic gearbox.

Aus never received this box as standard, but we got the 4EAT in the 1st Gen Legacy.

This car was bought by the previous owner with a blown engine and that was at least 4 years ago, so I'd like to do a service on the trans, but would like to know if I can get the parts to suit the Legacy box as this will be much less confusing to the parts people here.

that is what you think - I hate to admit it, but I threw out a perfect E4AT [as the Subaru sales literature calls it in the Japanese text brochures ]came out of a 1989 L Series GLTA EA82 with AUD compliance plate. The Vortex AWD turbo also got them. A good Subaru dealer that was in business back in the day may still have parts books with their details in them.

My E4AT weighed in at 113kg with torque converter and fluid, nearly gave me a hernia moving it from space to no space left

• Like 1