Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Owner of 1st Subaru Legacy Wagon

:)  Hello ALL!

We are the proud new owner of a 1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.2 L engine.

I really like the looks of my wife's new car she chose, however there are a few bugs that need to be worked out at the time. I don't want to sell my wife's car as she loves the way it handles and drives, not to mention the overall rating that it has gotten in the past goes over really well with her.

This car is mainly used for local travel and toting the grand kids back and forth to school. 

:ph34r: I don't feel as if she has gotten as much use or enjoyment out if it as I know she can.

We had bought it for $1,500 off craigslist and have put about $300 back into it.

:wacko: Need help figuring out:

Overheating.....

Replaced the water pump, thermostat, and seals.

Still overheats

Windows; Driver, sunroof, windows work but the rear and passenger windows do not.

Is it the switch?

Is it a wiring problem?

What is it?

:D Thanks for any help at all.

Ronnie- shade tree mechanic new to Subaru.

• 3 weeks later...

WELCOME, gotta love the 90 Legacy wagon. Had one of those new, put 300K on it. I had window and door lock problems too, the swithces got rusted and or wiring in the doors, I eventually sold it because it would lock me in. I would have to "break out" of the car, ususally thorugh the rear hatch..... ;?{