Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need help towing some subies

i currently have an 86 rx turbo, i am trading it for an 86 brat. the only problem is that the brat is in ohio andi am in maryland. about 450 miles each way. i also dont have a truck or trailer to transport the vehicles on. i would rent a truck and trailer if i had the money for it, but i prolly only have enough to cover gas, maybe. is there any one willing to help my out with this??? for anyone willing to dontate thier time and use of a truck and trailer, i will pay for gas and most likely cook out once i get home, we will celibrate my brat.

my email is

bikergothdude@earthlink.net

i am located in frederick maryland and the brat is in anna ohio.

thanks in advance

the rx isnt even registered or tagged yet, the front passenger side brake is seized, still needs a bit of work to be driveable, but its will be quick when done. the brat, im told, just needs a battery to run, and registration and tags ect....the usual type on that from what ive gathered. i kinda got bored with the rx and decided that i want a brat now, and it should help to prevent any speeding tickets when i get it icon_twisted.gif

Go to: http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/haulquery.pl

I know, it's a tractor site, but nobody likes to "dead-head" (empty trailer on a return trip) and you might be able to post your request and find a "back-haul" to your area.

I sold a big truck about 18 mos. ago and I pointed the new owner to that site. He found a hauler who picked up the truck and delivered it for half the cost of a towing company.

Good Luck :)

So if you can drive out there, supervise/make the swap and get your "new" car hauled back with you as a passenger; that would work, no?Post on there anyway and with whatever plans sound good to you.............

On the deal I referenced, the hauler called the buyer.............he didn't want to deadhead out to an area where he would be picking up a load, so he drove 90 miles out of his way to pick up the vehicle I sold, just to defray his fuel/food costs.

If it doesn't work out, sorry.

Like a steer, all I can do is try..............:brow:

One last note about the YT site: You post what you want, the transporters contact you.

Also, the truck I had hauled was picked up by a tractor collector (not a "trucker", just an aficionado); who had a 26' gooseneck trailer (Sullivan, nice) w/beavertail, pulled by a 1 ton '04 Chev. Duramax crew-cab. He had room for passengers........

I drove the truck I sold on to the trailer for the buyer (he wasn't comfortable doing it) and supervised all aspects of the business transaction. Truck weighed in at 7500 lbs. empty and was 25' long...........the rear axle just fit.

It was hauled for a flat fee; some others may want a per mile rate, depending on the route. Flat rate is better, that way the cost doesn't change, even if the hauler has to make a detour.

It's really just people helping others get their stuff (in their case, very large and heavy stuff) to where they want it without a "deadhead" run........if you read it, you'll see guys with larger trailers haul more than one on the same trip........this works out well for everyone involved.

If you want something bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen :) .

If I didn't live 3000 miles away..............sorry I can't help out :( .

At least this post will "bring it back to the top".