Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need 2nd set of hands Sat evening in Portland!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,167 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:11 AM

Here's the deal, my fiancee Shannon is recovering from surgery so she really isnt in a position to help me wrench in the garage right now.

I want to try to run my 87 GL in the rallycross on Sunday.

But... I need to finish my engine rebuild and that means the clutch and the rear main seal need to be finished still. That means I need someone to hold a screwdriver in the flywheel while I break it loose or someone to turn the breaker bar while I hold the screwdriver.

I will offer beer and or pizza for any help! I know some of you are down early for the rallycross in Hillsboro and I am not far from there... from the fairgrounds go East on Cornell Road to 185th. Go South to Canyon Rd. Turn left, go East to Murray Blvd, turn right, go a block, turn left on Farmington, I'm afew hundred feet East. (Cornell Road MAY go straight to Murray, but I forget...) I know my other directions work for sure.

I should be home around 7-8 PM from work and will be wrenching until the car is done!

My # is (503)526-2997 if anyone out there is willing to lend a hand. :drunk:

#2 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 29 May 2004 - 05:14 PM

If I can find something without a clutch that is almost gone and some gas money I might be able to make it up but I make no guarantees.

#3 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,167 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 30 May 2004 - 02:09 AM

Thanks Craig (GLCraigGT)

we got the flywheel and clutch off, did the rear main seal and put on the new clutch and everything.

the engine is now in the car and the only things to finish up as of now are:

1. Fill with fluids
2. Attach fuel line to weber
3. Bolt on exhaust/install gaskets
4. Bolt on engine mounts
5. Plug in alternator
6. Install belts
7. Swap XT seats back in :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users