Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ABS SENSOR PROBLEM '95 Legacy LSI Wagon 2.2

Hi All, 

New member.  I have a hateful abs problem.  I pulled the codes from the abs as a bad sensor for left front.  I have confirmed this several times.  I ordered a new sensor and it does not fit.  The old sensor is hexagonal and the new one is round.  I am actually stuck with a round peg "square" hole scenario.  I contact Subaru Parts warehouse and they confirmed it is the part for the car.  The old part no. matches except the last digit and I was told that was because of progression not a different part.

I will list the parts.

A2 26740AA010  - old part

A2 26740AA011  - new part

Any help would be appreciated.  Dave

No, I removed the old one which was about 3 Hrs and a lot of panther piss.  It came out literally a thousandth at a time.  The inside of the hole was hexagonal and the new part would not even start into the hole.  I am fighting with it now.  I decided that the hole had to be "grown" to the old sensor.  I stuck a large chisel into the hole and turned it with a wrench until chunks flew.  It would appear the hole had grown shut.  I have reamed it out with chisels and emery cloth.  I stopped for lunch but the new one may go into the hole soon.  I'll let you know.  That's the way it always works for me.  Someone else can bring me their car and it takes 1 hr to change both of the rear wheel hubs and mine will take weeks with copious amounts of cursing and panther piss.  Just the way it is.  Dave

It does look like that's a superceded part number, but there's some confusing antics to how it's listed too...

Can you post a picture?  What's the difference - the connector or shape of the sensor?

what's preventing it from working?

I have a set of new Subaru ABS sensors at home that are think are for your vehicle. - I can post pictures tomorrow and ship it to you for half price if it's the right part.

oh wow, rust strikes again.  i've had ABS sensors shear off, i'm surprised the bolt came out if it's that bad.

next time you need a Subaru - seriously buy an oldie but goodie from out west/down south and you'll be amazed.  subaru reliable and easy to maintain, no rust.  i bought two XT6's from out west and i must be one of two people in WV with 1980's rust free Subaru's with original exhaust that are a breeze to work on.

oh wow, rust strikes again.  i've had ABS sensors shear off, i'm surprised the bolt came out if it's that bad.

next time you need a Subaru - seriously buy an oldie but goodie from out west/down south and you'll be amazed.  subaru reliable and easy to maintain, no rust.  i bought two XT6's from out west and i must be one of two people in WV with 1980's rust free Subaru's with original exhaust that are a breeze to work on.

I've had this car for almost 8 yrs.  Almost no trouble with it other than wear items.  I did get it done.  a lot of running the dremmel and a bunch of cursing.  I could hardly believe my eyes.  Thanks for the input it was appreciated.  Dave