Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Missing Vac Hose #1

Hello, my 93 ea82 loyale spfi has a white vac hose connector labeled 1 2 and 3 under neath the driver side dash, close to heater core, right above the accelerator pedal. There are 3 ports on each side

Of the connector labeled 1 2 and 3. Hoses 2 and 3 are present and connected to the right ports, however the port labeled number 1 is empty. Nothing go into it, nothing going out of it. I also cannot seem to find hose number 1 either. Any and all help is appreciated. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. Rock on fellow Subarus!post-57013-0-61520300-1444589260_thumb.jpeg

In that case, there should be a tiny (1/8") plastic tube, like the other two, for the connections on the Photo's upper side, and a vacuum hose for the lower side; the Setup on your '93 differs from the setup on my '85, but as far as I can remember, if there is no Vacuum provided to that circuit, the buttons for the A/C system on the dashboard, will not work to distribute the air flow to the desired places; but A/C will engage if the rest is alright, and the air will flow to the front only; so you should do a search for those two in that area.

The vacuum source comes to that part, from the Vacuum Accumulator Bottle which is located on the engine bay, on the passenger's side, under the windshield; and it takes vacuum from the intake manifold. it worth check if everything is still there, correctly attached, as well.

Kind Regards.

Ok that all makes sense. However I cannot find a cable or a hose lableled number 1 under the dash to goto that connector, I traced the lines to the vac canister and backwards, all lines are hooked in properly that I can find. And all the buttons and vents rotate to there desired position. The a/c also works just fine, I traced the connector from the vac canister up behind the firewall down and through the hole with a rubber gasket, up to the panel on the dash with the control buttons, "def,heat, bi-lev, a/c. Off" and everything seems to be hooked up as it is supposed to be. Everything does its desired function. I am stumped on why there a missing cable and vac hose to and from this connector with 3 spots on, hoses and cables 2 and 3 are present, yet number 1 is not? I appreciate any and all advice!

93 ea82 loyale spfi n/a 1.8

As far as I know, the Early (the '85 models, made from late 1984 to mid 1986), and Middle (made from late 1986 to 1989) Editions of the EA82 engined Sedans and Wagons, had extra ventilation ducts, for blowing A/C air to the Passenger's feet, also to the Passenger's Windows, like my "BumbleBeast" but, as far as I know, the Late (made from 1990 to 1994) Editions of the EA82 engined Sedans and Wagons, did Not had such ventilation ducts; so, maybe the "missing" lines, were never installed from factory; and since everything works alright, I kindly suggest you to let everything as is.

Kind Regards.