Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member and have a 1986

Just joined up. I have a 1986 Subaru Brat that I haven't driven in years. It has seen it's fair share of rust in small spots. Maybe a total of 5 per cent.   While it was mechanically sound, I will be reading this forum to see about upgrading  or more than likely, replacing the engine for serious performance. Wasn't a fan of the stock brakes either. And....there is rust through the rear strut covers on top of the bed(now THAT should be fun by itself!).  And some minor rust in the bed and ther rear wheel flared lip area.

So it's on to reading what others have done and look forward the project.

Welcome!

At that level of Plans, you better obtain a wrecked impreza and retrofit the Brakes and Drivetrain to the Brat; believe me: it is Easier than it sound; and besides of having an STi on disguise, the Brat is Awesome by itself, so that would be an Amazing project, which already has been done by some people worldwide.

By the way, we love Photos here, so maybe you can share some of your Brat, with us.

Kind Regards.