Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mother of all Junkyards meet- PA RESCHEDULED- July 6??

Guest Wagon Wagon

Guest moosens

YES,the black ones on either side of the glass.If you can't find some it's not a big deal.If they don't come off perfectly that's also not a big deal.

Like I said though,lift the inner edge(towards the glass) upward and slide the piece rearward to release without snapping the fastener sliders that are molded into the pieces.

Should be on GL and GL-10's

IF there's a touring wagon with a roof rack,try to snag that.Even without inner slats.The outer ones have screws,the inners are rivited.I want a narrow rack for another project.The non touring wagons have wider racks.This is a 3 minute deal.I don't want to waste your time while you're in "candy land".:lol:

ENJOY!!!

Thanks again.

Guest Wagon Wagon

Sure Paul, here's what I found on my adventures today....

I went out last night, got to bed super late, slept late today. Cleaned up the apartment some, pulled the brake drums off the wagon and found that the dragging on the wheels disappeared, leads me to believe it's brake related. Then I put the wagon back together, and came back up here and got on the computer. So why have I done all this today?

...because the big junkyard meet is TOMORROW. :rollin: :rollin:

Come to think of it, I did see an RX parked downtown last night. :lol:

Guest Wagon Wagon

This will probably be my last post on this thread before the junkyard. If anyone needs any more info PLEASE call me at 304-685-1572. This is my cell, so I'll have it with me all the way up to the yard tomorrow, but I can't guarantee if it'll have a signal.

...this posting of my phone number will self-destruct in 24 hours....

Noah, you have mail.

Guest moosens

:rollin: Ho lee crap it sure seemed like a great boneyarding day...and the holiday,yup,the holiday that's it:rolleyes:

Lemme know how it all went down homey.:eek: :cool:

Guest Wagon Wagon

All right sir, here's the official report.

We got your door panels, a pretty decent set of 4.

We found lots of EA82's, a few EA81's, 2 79 rusbucket wagons, and most of an EA81T. There was also one Brat, horribly stripped out, with a plastic baseball bat lying nearby. Yes, I beat on it. ;)

Newly arrived at the yard was an 89 GL-10 Full time 4WD Turbo sedan. The engine was of the Colonel's Extra Crispy variety, but luckily the turbo hadn't been toasted, Noah took it home with him. No LSD on the car, I checked. It had a decent set of H-alloys, I didn't have the money for them so I stashed them in a Bronco, to pick up next time.

Skip got a bunch of CIS parts and some other misc Subie parts. We tried to pull the knock sensor off the EA81T, and it was wedged in there so tight that it snapped apart while we were trying to pull it. I brought home quite a few hard to find (and valuable) Nissan parts.

It was a REALLY fun day, yet another boneyard adventure with Skip, and it was really nice to meet Noah... Noah, you're a cool guy. :) Nice show of cars too, my GL seemed so ordinary and boring compared to the rides the other guys showed up in. :rollin:

Paul, you've got mail.

Guest moosens

Thanks guys!! Glad you had fun.Hot one over there too?Been 2 days of hell up here.

What colors were the "elder"wagons?Look for my blue dash?Just had to ask.

Guest Wagon Wagon

Hot? Nah! It was so hot out that I drank a gallon of water while I was there and never had to "go". I wore a T-shirt with the sleeves ripped off to help beat the heat, and now my arms are red all the way up to my shoulders.

The elder wagons both had black interiors. One was black on the outside, the other was dark green. Both bodies were shot to hell. The green one had a single, solitary Jackman on it though. :)

Guest matt147

Man I wish I could have made it :( I didn't get home until Sunday morning from my trip. I guess I'll have to head over there by myself to check it out sometime. What kind of Nissan stuff did you get? Were there any RX-7s that you noticed laying around?