Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Wagon rear Drawers

For anyone that is interested, I have just finished a set of drawers for my new wagon. The drawers will be to hold camping and recovery gear securely. I am also going to make a mesh cargo barrier so I can pack the rear section up to the roof.

The other planned mods will be a 2 or 3" lift kit. Haven't decided yet... The biggest tyres that will fit, a swingaway rear wheel carrier with jerry can holder. I am also going to make up a stainless steel tank to go in the tool well in the back to hold fresh water. I figure I will get about 25L in there which will be plenty for a weekend away.

Anyway, the drawer system is basically a 42mmX19mm pine frame, lined with 3mm mdf on the sides and 6mm ply on the top (for a bit more strength). Then covered in marine carpet. The drawers are 12mm mdf just screwed together with carpet on the front. The slides are steel with plastic rollers. Took me a couple of days to put it all together. Total cost was about $150aud or about $110usd.

Here is a link to the pics, and a few other of my wagon - enjoy!!

http://members.dodo.com.au/~benjamin_marsh/web/L/l.html

Good goin mate!

I've had the same ideas for some time now.Was going to do it to my Brat/Brumby....I'd like lower profile drawers though.That way I could still fit some larger items on top and have the rear seats help box them in.You're is very nice just like it is.With all the free material that comes my way I could probably build both tall and low.Since I have at least 2 wagons they'll always have a home.

A pull out that has a leg would be nice too.Basically a workbench/cutting surface,that when you pull it out the leg falls and supports the outer edge.

We wood crafters would appreciate this.Quick set-up.Pull up,set up the miter saw,and start working......:headbang: