Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi I have a 2009 Subaru Impreza 5 speed. Noticed a jerking as the car accelerates. I asked a coworker who told me to try replacing the fuel filter. I picked one up at the auto parts dealer, can someone tell me how to locate it. I have not seen it in my manual. Thank you for any help.

Best,

Kevin Mason

I'm not sure about Imprezas but the Legacy's replaceable filter is under the hood just in front of the driver, metal object the same shape as your replacement but not necessarly the same colour with two hoses going into it. There may be two, one in the tank and one under the hood. Usually the tank ones aren't replaced but I could be wrong.

It is also possible that you bought a tank of gas that had some water in it. Suggest you buy some a can of dry gas to get rid of the water. Or as I have done, when refueling, buy one gallon of E85 fuel, then fill the tank with regular gasoline. Both approaches adds extra ethenol to the fuel to get rid of any water. Run the tank of gas near empty before refueling again, so you get the full effect of extra ethenol.

Also, how long has it been since you have had a spark plug and splark plug wire change?? That could be your source of trouble as well.