Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where Do These Seals Go?

For an EA-82, Non-Turbo SPFI.

im pretty sure the top right one thats cardboard color is the EGR valve one, but i can't figure out what the 4 thick O rings go or that tiny O ring next to the 4 on the top left. theres also 2 blue ones which i assume something with water but can't figure it out, and the 2 on the bottom of the picture that are in pairs, im assuming intake but where?

theres also a word bank that the package came with that i have provided, hopefully that helps also.

and a picture of where im at currently, hopefully its not too late, i just closed up the valve covers, decided to ask here before i went any further with the rebuild. thanks for any info!

IMG_1704_zpso31jhz0n.jpg

IMG_1705_zps7mndgjap.jpg

IMG_1706_zpscls7ges5.png

Thanks again for your help!

-Omar.

You're going to hate me, but that tiny o-ring is for the oil pick up tube in the oil pan.  If the one you have now (assuming you have one) has even a nick in it, oil won't suction up into the engine.

4 thick ones - fuel injectors

I'm not sure why you have MPFI intake and exhaust manifold gaskets for an SPFI, but that's what you have. 

I "think" the blue ones are for carburetor mounting: I don't "do" carburetors.  That's a French word meaning "leave it alone". 

Emily

• Like 1

thanks for clearing that up, the only screw up was the oil pan, gotta remove it and put some RTV on it again, besides that and the EGR, i guess the rest doesn't apply to me? including those 4 thick O rings since mines Single Point? :)

Edited by Subasaurus

thanks for sharing that Jeszek, will definetly save that as Subaru has probably already deleted these from their computer files as obsolete. so whatever remains out there in hardcopy service books or saved images like you have done, is all we have left, thank you.

Edited by Subasaurus
  • Like 1

thanks for clearing that up, the only screw up was the oil pan, gotta remove it and put some RTV on it again, besides that and the EGR, i guess the rest doesn't apply to me? including those 4 thick O rings since mines Single Point? :)

FYI, that oil pan is supposed to have a gasket, not RTV (which is a royal PITA).  They are available at NAPA for a moderate price.  Make sure you get one for the right year, they are famous for trying to give EA81 pan gaskets instead.

Those two blue gaskets are for the cast aluminum water transfer pipe (if I remember correctly) that is part of the intake manifold in mpfi engine. It bolts to the rear side of the manifold and houses ect sensor and transfers coolant between the heads.

thanks for clearing that up where those go exactly :)