Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good Online Source for Made in Japan Electrical Parts?

Hello all, need to replace my knock sensor in my '94 Legacy engine and want to buy a quality replacement but don't wish to spend a fortune (OEm Subaru too expensive). I want to buy a Japanese replacement versus Chinese as my belief is the quality will be better. Can someone please direct me to a reliable online provider? Thanks!

Factory part is Unisia JECS. Rockauto sells Airtex Wells brand for $35 which I've read is just a reboxed JECS part.

I've used the made in China EBay knock sensors on quite a few cars and have had no problems from them. Last I bought them I got 4 of them for $8 each.

• Like 3

Factory part is Unisia JECS. Rockauto sells Airtex Wells brand for $35 which I've read is just a reboxed JECS part.

I've used the made in China EBay knock sensors on quite a few cars and have had no problems from them. Last I bought them I got 4 of them for $8 each.

Thanks Sooberoo! Do you also buy cam and crank sensors too from China? Any particular source for these - Ebay seller, Amazon or other? Thank you again for responding. My knock sensor was really cracked open and corroded which explains the mileage - it still ran pretty good in spite of this