Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Compared to the old Subarus. . .

ezapar

• 4 months later...

Any downside you noticed?

Compared to my 2001 Forester, our 2014 Crosstrek has very few storage cubbies, front and back.  Not a dealbreaker, but a noticeable irritant.

Also, I find the steering at highway speeds needs quite a bit of hand effort to keep it tracking straight.  Dunno if this is due to the electronic power steering motor or what.

But this is not something you will notice around town.  Otoh, I got over 36 mpg on my highway trip of 360 miles recently.  So, I love the CVT.  It has plenty of power for our family use.  We are not hauling heavy loads and don't feel the need for a bigger engine.

Edited by unibrook

• 2 months later...

+1  regarding the steering and the cubbies.  The inability of the steering to "center" itself I tend to adjust to and forget after a bit, but the lack of storage space is a constant reminder.  I'm really bummed about the new location of the oil filter though.  Because it is mounted "upside down" it empties after shut down and the first start in the morning the engine is momentarily starved for oil.

> what the crap does the oil filter have to do with off road capabilities?  Or storage?  wtf

Wow.  I thought the subject was "Compared to the old Subarus"  And, since this is our 5th Subaru it seemed like a relevant comment to make.

Clearly you disagree.  But do you have to be so harsh and unprofessional.  And you're the Moderator??

Well I clearly stumbled into the wrong venue.  I'll take my comments and opinions elsewhere thank you.

I saw all that.  It's the same sales promotional crap I saw before we bought the Crosstrek.  And I'm here to tell you now (and anybody else interested) that having owned 4 Subarus prior, "Compared to the old Subarus" this thing is a POS.

And you're wrong about one other thing - I did contribute quite a bit.  With very little effort and certainly with no intention on my part, I got the Moderator to reveal he has the maturity and professionalism of a twelve year old.  And that on this particular site, only like-minded viewpoints are welcomed.  Good riddance.

• Like 1

I drive an 01 Forester 5spd, my mom just bought a 2016 Crosstrek 5spd. Replacing her 2012 impreza. Aside from small differences, they are functionally identical. No there's not 4 ash trays in the new model, the cargo area was reduced In the crosstrek as the rear seats were pushed back but otherwise,functionality identical. Steering seems adaquate and comparable to me. The only thing I find is, the 2.0l is anemic in the crosstrek. It is adequate in the Impreza.. The old EJ251 with 4.11 ratio is much more responsive

Edited by matt167

I saw all that.  It's the same sales promotional crap I saw before we bought the Crosstrek.  And I'm here to tell you now (and anybody else interested) that having owned 4 Subarus prior, "Compared to the old Subarus" this thing is a POS.

And you're wrong about one other thing - I did contribute quite a bit.  With very little effort and certainly with no intention on my part, I got the Moderator to reveal he has the maturity and professionalism of a twelve year old.  And that on this particular site, only like-minded viewpoints are welcomed.  Good riddance.

4 Subarus?!!   Oh, you are an official, how could I know?!!  lol  FOUR SUBARUS!!!

Say, didn't you say you were leaving?  It's nice to be insulted, can't remember insulting you though.  Still won't miss you and your 14 posts.  Bye.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...