Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cows Broke My Door

LilyB

I wish I could say I was making this up, but the neighbor's cows snuggled my car and broke my driver's side door. I can't open it from the outside, only the inside, and I can't find a name for the part that broke. It's a long, bent metal shaft (the cows didn't bend it, its supposed to be bent...I checked the passenger door to compare) with a plastic adjuster on the end that loosens and tightens to adjust the overall length of the part. The plastic piece is what they actually broke, because they snuggled the door hard enough to dent it, and it splayed the plastic adjuster, which is what makes contact with the mechanism that opens the door from the outside.

I'll edit the post later to include a picture of the part. Hopefully, someone here knows what I'm talking about, because this is driving me crazy, and I'm sorely tempted to beat a cow into burger.

I bought a 64 Chevy Malibu at auction way back when. I wanted it for the drivetrain. I parked it in the barnyard behind the barn.

I was traveling a lot then and when I got back, there wasn't a straight body panel on it...except for the top. They liked to rub against it scratching themselves. A dozen 1200 lb. cows were involved. Should have took a picture.