Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 Subaru RX Turbo Brake and Fuel Line Replacement Help

D3F0

Hey everyone I am currently in the process of fixing up a rusted death trap called a Subaru RX Turbo. I am welding in a bunch of metal and while I was taking everything off the car I got a bit lost on what to do with the brake and fuel lines. They are all in bad shape and I would like to fix them properly with no compression fittings. Below I am going to post a bunch of pictures of the lines that were originally tucked up right next to the gas tank in the rear. 

IMAG0204.jpg

In the photo above they are sitll in there stock location. As you can see I have a lot work ahead of me.

IMAG0253.jpg

The photo above shows some sort of proportioning valve. It has one line coming from the inside that the previous owner patched with a compression fitting. 

Below is a picture of this line.

IMAG0764.jpg

First of I would like to fix this line.

Here is the other end of the line in the engine bay. Does anyone know If there is a way to buy this line brand new. I know going aftermarket 

should be as simple as buying the line that screws in and bending it myself. However I am not very familiar with bending lines and I need to get the proper tools to do it.

IMAG0766.jpg

The next part is the actual back section that is a complete mess.

IMAG0769.jpg

One of the lines split under its own weight shown below.

IMAG0760.jpg

Another view below

IMAG0768.jpg

My goal is to make everything safe and back to factory. If i can upgrade without spending too much I will. But 

I need some advice on which direction I should take to fix this brake system. The front is holding up and seems simple enough that I can deal with it. 

Another issue which is even worse is that my fuel lines are leaky.

IMAG0763.jpg

The pic above shows the problem area. 

IMAG0765.jpg

Another closer view.

Also underneath towards the back is not looking so good either. A lot of rusted out lines and cracked rubber that

is not going to even supply enough fuel pressure to make the car run properly.

IMAG0771.jpg

Also I plan on EJ25 swapping the car, does  anyone have any suggestions on a good external fuel pump for a an NA ej25?

IMAG0772.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.