Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T sedan exhaust into EA81 Brumby/BRAT MV ?

jono

So many driveline components are interswappable between EA82 and EA81 body models

I have kept my sedan turbo 2.5" stuff intending to fit almost without any mod to my EA81 Brumby when the EA82T goes in.

Fingers are to be crossed. To save money, hassle of driving a partially muffled EA82T to a zau$t shop ....

I know EA82 Y pipes frpm NA fit and are maybe 10mm longer than EA81, just pushes rear stuff bit further back

Anyone done what I am intending ? Note my stuff is custom not factory so there could be some other differences...

a better ute ??

EA82T, AWD single range 5 speed manual in a Brumby and bring over the awesome exhaust note that came with it in a EA82T 4WD sedan I had for 110,000km , 8 years

stucturally there is not too much difference underneath EA81s to EA82's so hoping .....

have done EA82 5 MT DR and two piece tailshaft directly into EA81 Brumby before and have added EA82M and 21mm step flywheel/clucth assy and EA82 clutch pedal also.

Edited by jono

Just guessing but you don't have a welder, and you want to put the "custom" ea82T exhaust under the EA81. So try to fit said exhaust under car and note where you have to modify it to make it fit.Then find a someone who will weld it up for a beer or something..

I found the EFI y-pipe would not clear the drivers-side steering shaft from memory, it *just* clips it. With some trimming and bending it can be made to fit, but it doesn't fit as "stock" (at least on a RHD vehicle). I non-EFI may be ok (no sensor, so a smaller overall surround for the cat).

well guys, believe it or not I don't have a welder - I have two ! One is an old stick welder that performs great on practice then like bird poo when needed . The other is a gasless 100A wire feed that also can do poo like. 100A is not really big enough for many things or more likely I am not qualified to comment.

Have had almost no problems with EA82 mpfi NA Y pipe in Brumby  just about 10mm longer. If/when the EA82T goes in, there won't be a Y pipe - the EA82T is tidy with its exhaust all bundled up to turbo and just a line up at dump pipe and she is hooked up.

I was more curious to find if anyone had done what I intend but understand coz it is a custom makes it different to anyone else's exhaust, so even if someone confirmed it can all bolt up, mine may not. Suck it and see coming up

• 4 weeks later...

OK, thanks, fore warned is fore armed ! So, looks like someone has done this .....

I may be pulling an engine from an EA81 soon to dispose of the rust riddled body, so may be god chance to test fit in just to see

OK, thanks, fore warned is fore armed ! So, looks like someone has done this .....

I may be pulling an engine from an EA81 soon to dispose of the rust riddled body, so may be god chance to test fit in just to see

I can grab some pics for you if you want - not the prettiest welds (shop said they were real good with exhausts... not so much), but it does the job