Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2014 Legacy turbo and transmission swap

tcmquincy

I have a 2014 Subaru legacy and I love it, but id like to get some more power out of it. I have a very limited knowledge of upgrading cars, but from what I've researched and been told I think the best way to achieve the 350-400hp I'm looking for (and staying under $4-8k) is keeping the current engine and rebuilding it with forged pistons, turboing the engine and swapping the transmission. I've also been told I might need a new intercooler as well, but I haven't gotten any professional advice yet.

Does this sound like a terrible idea? And what do you think the cheapest/best way to get more power in my legacy would be? Would really appreciate any advice!

With little to non mechanical knowledge you are either going to have to pay a shop to build it, or trade it in for a wrx/sti as said above.

Building turboed engines doesn't have alot of "wiggle room" for errors that a typical novice would make,everything is much more exacting than normal engines.Get it wrong and you will very quickly end up with an aluminum boat anchor.

Paying a shop to do all the work for you will very quickly reach $20K+

Edited by Uberoo
  • Like 1