Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Going Megasquirt on a ej22

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paulsta

paulsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Longueuil Quebec Canada

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:18 PM

Hi, i got an EJ22 that has single port exhaust, so i`m assuming it's a 1996 to 1999.

I,m going Megasquirt management and would like to know if the coil is logic driven or ignitor driven, i don;t have the car so cannot follow wires to find anything.

The coil model is FH0047 and the plug to power the coil has  3 prongs.

Thanks for any info.

Paul

#2 Crazyeights

Crazyeights

Crazyeights

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • Pacific Northwest

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

You should be able to find the information that you need by reading the wiring sections of this document.

http://lib.store.yah...seusa/EA2EJ.pdf

#3 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 4,172 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:29 PM

If it has the funny shaped valve covers and the spark plugs don't go through the covers, it would have originally had an ignitor.

If it has the smooth valve covers with spark plugs going through them, it would have not had an ignitor, so logic based.

If you're going with megasquirt just use the style that's easiest to interface. You can grab the logic based kind off 2000+ ej25 or even use GM coil off plug setups.

#4 paulsta

paulsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Longueuil Quebec Canada

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

Ok thanks , the spark plugs do not go thrue the valve cover. and i found that FH0047  goes on Legacy 1998 ( and lots more ) found a wiring diagram and there was an ignitor.

That confirms your statement 987687.

Regards

Paul

#5 987687

Rally Suby!

• Members
  • 4,172 posts
  • Northern Maine

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

In that case, your engine is 96 to 98, 99 changed to phase 2 for the 2.2. If the engine has hydraulic adjusters lash adjusters it's a 96, otherwise it's a 97 or 98.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users