Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Grinding Question

So I get my Brat back a couple of days ago after getting some welding and hammering done, and I go to turn the corner at lunch and I hear this grinding noise up front somewhere. Whenever I give it gas, there is a metal on metal sound somewhere. I can't give it gas without the sound. So I throw it in 4 Hi and I am fine. Drove it back to my work and checked oil which was very low. When I picked the car the guy said everything was checked and was fine. I can't take it back because they'll charge me a couple of hundred dollars to check around. Any idea of what it could be?

I wouldn't have seized the engine if I can drive it in 4WD right? I'll check that tomorrow, I left the Brat at work. Is there anything else it might be off the top of your head so I can have a guy look at it tomorrow?

It happens only when I accelerate and only when in gear. It didn't have any problems when I took it in, but it was beat up kinda bad when I took it to him. It drove fine over there and fine after I got it but 3 days after it craps out.