Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea82t vacuum lines

I rebuilt a ea82t and I replaced all the vacuum lines and there are some small restrictors in some of the lines. I can't remember where they go. It would be a big help if someone knew where they went. The car is a 1985 Leone GL ea82t FI.

I rebuilt the motor after a blown head gasket. I put an intercooler, oil cooler, a mishimoto 2 row aluminum radiator, a trans fluid cooler, deleted the belt driven fan for 2 Electric fans. New Pistons +.020 over, new gen 3 heads. Much more was done but my problem is the car runs great except when I get on the gas the car bogs down. I have a vacuum problem and I can only think about those restrictors in the vacuum lines. If anyone has something else I should check, any input would be greatly appreciated . I can't figure out how to post pics here but I have photobucket. My 1983 brat is what this motor is for

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/lovemyson1/library/brat

Not too many on an 85 turbo.

#32 is a .5mm one (22326 KA000)

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_1985_DLGLGL10RSRXTURBO/_54102_6026554/INTAKE-MANIFOLD-MPI/A10-050-C1.html

Note that all 85 turbos did not use it.

eg.GL 10 and 4wd XTs did but plain(2wd?) GL XTs did not.

#35 is 1mm (22326 AA010)

Those look to be the only 2.

Both seem to be still available despite the webpage.

Not saying it is your problem,but,I would check fuel pressure as a VERY early diagnostic step.

36 psi engine off,about 28 at idle.

Most importantly,you want a good flow at 43 psi(required pressure at max. boost)

I use a bicycle pump to put 7 psi on the regulator(simulating boost) and hotwire the pump by jumpering the relay contacts.

I would also put a voltmeter on the phase correction signal wire from the knock control computer in case it is pulling timing back.Pretty sure you can sample the signal at a check connector under the dash.