Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1stSubaruParts.com

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this...

Has anyone recently ordered anything from these guys?  They were recommended by some people on here as a good place to get OEM parts. 

I placed an order on Tuesday, didn't get an order confirmation and they didn't charge my card yet, but the order is showing up in my account on their website.  I left a message this morning and haven't heard back.  Every subsequent call goes to an answering machine as well.

I'd like to give them the benefit of doubt here, but the lack of communication is frustrating and my rig is down while waiting.  There were other options to buy the parts, but their prices were the best and I chose to buy from a PNW business figuring shipping would be quicker.

Anyway, if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them, please post it here.  They have until EOD Monday to get back to me or I'll cancel and order somewhere else. 

Update on this situation in case anyone cares:  I left a message last Thursday and never got a call back.  The order was placed Tuesday and to that point there had been no communication even so much as a confirmation email that the order was received. :angry: 

Called again on Friday, had to call the main dealership number and get transferred to their parts dept. which apparently is separate from the “internet parts” department. :banghead:
Talked to a guy that didn’t seem to know anything about their internet parts dept., but he said he’d "look into it" and give me a call back…still waiting.  My expectations already low, I knew that
would never happen.  Since the internet parts guy was out of the office Friday, I gave them until EOD Monday to get back…NADA.  :mad:

Went back to the list of recommended parts suppliers I found on this site and ordered everything again. I immediately got an order confirmation :clap: , then in the morning I got an update that my VIN was invalid (even though it was correct), and finally got a third email that my parts were not in stock (not a shocker) and were on order. 

I replied to the VIN email with my number again, thinking I missed a digit, and they replied within a minute explaining that it just wasn’t in their system as most older models weren’t…no big deal. :banana:

Anyway, A+++++++++ for SubaruGenuineParts.com :bouncy:

and
F------------ for 1stSubaruParts.com  :Flame:

Take the testimonial for what it’s worth.  :headbang:

Now what to do before everything gets in?  :drunk:

I have ordered several times from 1stsubaruparts.com, but not in quite awhile.

I got this email from them in October of 2012

"Dear customer,

Starting October 1st, we will no longer accept new orders at our website1stsubaruparts.com.
Instead, you can order Subaru parts and accessories at our new and improved site discountedsubaruparts.com

We are confident that you will find our new site, Discounted Subaru Parts even better. We still have the same great staff and provide the same great customer service but we have improved the functionality of the site and now include access to Subaru Performance Tuning Parts and Subaru Gear official clothing, apparel and more!

-Walker Subaru"

It was weird, because the 1st website never went down that I saw....unless someone else snatched it up quick.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on there, but the dealership that we've had good luck with is www.discountedsubaruparts.com

Good to know.  After doing some digging to find a human to talk to, I found 1stsubaruparts.com was being operated by Hanson Subaru out of Olympia, WA (I think).  On the homepage it now says, "1st Time Visitors Welcome" and also that billing and shipping addresses must match, so I believe the policy in that email changed. 

Bottom line, whoever now runs 1stSubaruparts.com is doing a terrible job and i should be avoided.