Ultimate Subaru Message Board

100,000 miles at 350hp and one failure

That's quite impressive.

Would you mind filling us in a bit on exactly how this engine is producing that much power? I assume it's got to be turbocharged and running pretty high boost, surely with a plethora of additional modifications. Is it the phase I or phase II EJ25?

DOH< I transposed two numbers and gave myself another 45 horses, that only works on hondas. It is actually 305 and has been for about 3 years now. The total mileage is about 138,000 with the first 38 being non turbo. The engine is turbo'd, intercooled and has a stock block and crank. The heads have been cleaned up, better cams with no overlap, and exhaust is through a 3 inch stainless system with 2 fake cats and no muffler. This is a 99 Impreza RS, P1 suspension, 22B vents/wing, 22mm sway bar, 9.5Lb flywheel with a clutchmasters stage III clutch, and a few other toys.

The front seal on the pump failed and it was leaking out the wheap hole.

I just realized this is the only one I had online, I will have to upload more. This one is about 2 years old, the headlights have since gone back to stock after having 3 lenses break and it taking 4 months to get each replacement.

sidebyside2.JPG