Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1999 Subaru legacy ABS Diagnostics

I have a 99 Subaru outback legacy wagon. It was snowing pretty good yesterday and I slid into a curb. Now the ABS light comes on after I drive it a half a block or so. Checked the speed sensors, and ring? gear, there fine. Is there a pin I can  ground to get the ABS code? O'Rielly's couldn't get a code w/ there ABS scanner.

If there is a pin, can you provide a pic or drawing of the connector and what pin number I need to ground?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Hey there. I just dealt with this yesterday on my 96. Luckily it was easy to get the code and easy to fix. Turns out one of my connectors for the srs wasn't connected totally. Check out this page, should have the info you needhttp://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1744926. Once you figure out your code just Google it like this. Subaru srs code 43. That should give you the info you need. There are different style connectors based on the year you have. Mine looks like the one in this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g1K7PqhmDW8. I assume yours is the same. Good luck

Edited by gravitate

google it - it's really easy.  there's a connector above your feet while driving.  ground a pin, get the codes, fix it. 

if it was that directly related to the accident - the sensor/tone ring are damaged on that side or the sensor picked up extraneous debris (clean the tip of it off). 

Grossgary, I did see a connector w/ nothing plugged into it. I suspect that's the right one, but I don't know which pin to ground. Don't want to ground the wrong pin and short something out. I've also search the net to try to figure it out w/ no luck. I also have a male/female connector (with a single wire) by the one your talking about. I plugged those together and turn on the key and that sounds like the computer is looping some kind of diagnostic test on the sensors monitors.

Looks like I broke the tip off the speed sensor on the RF wheel. Also bent the RF hub. Replaced the hub so far.

Do you which pin I should short out?