Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just snagged a '93 Loyale..need advice

Just towed her home Wednesday! Got her for a load of wood! Score! Hahaha! It has been sitting for 4 yrs but turned over and ran for bout 3 sec. Think it sucked some gunk into the fuel filter or fuel pump. Going to do a tune up (oil, filters, try and get old gas out of the tank, spark plugs and wires,etc) what should I try and replace first beside the above before I try and turn it over again? I'm new to Subarus!

post-61761-0-13617900-1454806111_thumb.jpg

post-61761-0-79782000-1454806129_thumb.jpg

check oil, ATF, gear lube.

Check the cooling system.  very important to watch the condition of all of it.

Yes, find out what is in the  fuel tank.  I've run some pretty stale gas in mine, but it was known to not have gunk, or water in it.  Mixed with fresh gas.

when i bought my last wagon, the fuel pump was dead on arrival, as was the engine. after the rebuild, i tried to start it but nothing... i unbolted it from the panel and gave it a good whack with the end of my flashlight (its a big rump roast streamlight stinger), and it has been running since. i did stick a new fuel filter in there before starting anything though, and 3 gallons of fresh gas, since the tank was nearly empty. 

mine is a lucky case, you never know how bad a tank of gas can get after a few years.