Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need EA81T distributor wiring diagrams...

So... long story short - I ended up with a 1984 Turbo Brat. Looks like a previous owner went to town on the wiring. The distributor is the only thing that raises a red flag right now. I have a 1984 FSM but the last hundred pages or so are missing which means next to NO wiring diagrams.

Being that there is so little info (that I can find) on specifics regarding the EA81T I'm looking for some guidance until/if I get another FSM. I can tell from AllData that there is supposed to be a main connector that the wires connect to. There is also a crude diagram which seems to suggest where some of the wires go. But there are no colors, etc.

From what I've read so far these motors seem to be pretty particular on what goes where (duh :P), so id like to get this right the first time before I fry a piece of rare circuitry that I may not be able to replace. Assuming that the PO hasn't taken care of that for me already.

As usual - any, and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'll have pictures of the Brat up as soon as I'm home when there's still daylight.

One of my ea82t wagons didn't come with a distributor or the plug in wiring for it. I bought a distributor from a board member on here then went to pick n pull and got a harness of a ea82t xt6. I had to modify the harness a little bit but it was plug in. I'll try to get some pics up later of it or take some of the factory manual. I have a ea81t currently until a friend picks it up and could send you a whole harness off a ea81t wagon with analogue cluster (cluster not included) or just the distributor harness.

Edit looked at pics of the ea82t harness and it didn't look helpful.

Edited by turbosubarubrat

KhO1gJw.jpg

This is what I currently have. If someone could provide me with a picture/colors of what the knock sensor wires hook up to on the female end I would appreciate it. Right now I have 

Red-Red; White-black; shielding-black

That was my best guess.

Also... WTF is this 

TJTwSSS.jpg

Vr0dH7J.jpg

I can't find where it's supposed to go.