Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Selling my baby...

So I decided that it was time to sell my soobie. The property management co will not let me store non running rigs at my house and i dont have anywhere else to put her. I put her out there and had one guy who wanted to come check it out. He seemed real interested until he got back from the test drive. The oil pressure decided to dip way down to almost nothing and stayed down until after he got it back to my house then when he put it in park the oil pressure went up with the idle. I was thinking that it could be due to the oil leak in the passenger side valve cover, but am concerned that I may need to drop the price even more due to some other issue.  I am really hoping I dont have a failing oil pump. Any ideas guys?

That's odd. Near zero at idle is normal. The only thing I can think of that would make intermittent readings like you describe is electrical connection between the sensor and the meter on the dash. A leak that dropped pressure to zero while driving would empty the oil pan pretty quickly.

I was thinking it was prob an electrical snafu. the genius who owned it before me did a hack job installing a push button ignition instead of replacing the ignition switch when the start circuit went out. Yeah the oil pressure starts off at around 45 psi until it warms up or until you drive it, then it drops at stay low at idle. I thought it might have something to do with the tps being almost completely shot