Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Northern Californian People's

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2003 - 02:49 PM

Ok... I know there has to be a couple people from Northern california. The snow is melting and its time to go get the subaru's dirty. I usually take the sube into the Sierra Mountains in Kyburz or near there... Also Sonora area. Anybody interested in planning a meet??

-Brian

#2 Guest_Hondasucks_*

Guest_Hondasucks_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:15 AM

dammit, wish the 4x was up for the trip + I had the $$$

#3 Guest_NV Zeno_*

Guest_NV Zeno_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2003 - 05:41 PM

I dunno Bri, the last few days have been a little too toasty to survive driving mine...:P

Sounds like a real gas, tho. The USFS trails around Tahoe ought to be open soon, the tall trees and 7000' elevation provide much needed shade:D .

#4 Guest_hugota_*

Guest_hugota_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2003 - 08:13 PM

Well, I now have an 87 that had an engine fire and a 90 that needs a clutch and possibly tranny work (4th gear pops out almost instantly). Any talent to pick brains from in the SF Bay area?
How about a club or????

Hugo

#5 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:56 AM

Ive been trying to form a club for a while. There arent many of us, but the few that there are all live in the bay area.

I live in Sacramento.

-Brian

#6 Guest_turboroo_*

Guest_turboroo_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2003 - 10:36 PM

hey brian im down for an adventure:D I am busy a lot but I would like to hook up and play in the dirt. we talked about this a while back and it did not pan out. the RX is leagl now. let me know.

#7 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2003 - 11:48 PM

gotta find some places that will be fun for your RX.

-Brian

#8 Guest_turboroo_*

Guest_turboroo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2003 - 11:06 AM

I am confident in its abilty to go thru some good trails. not a lot of clearance or traction but the body kit will be off. driver ability can get you a long ways. not trying to sound cocky but I am a decent driver in the dirt, rocks and mud.:cool:
there was a cool trail that starts from near sugar bowl and leads out to auburn some wet spots, some high speed rally sections. been a few years but it was kinda fun. lots of side paths off the main road makes it a little confusing. A good map would help along with my gps.8o
I know of a few others that are more suited to my truck than the RX.

hugo fill out your bio, where are you exacty? I am down in south san jo.my man donald is down in holister(stormtrooper).

#9 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:25 PM

The wheeling that i like to do, you need nice low revs to get through. THe RX is great and all, but a turbo car will only make it harder to off-road where i go.

But by all means, im ready and willing. My wagon will be in the garage for a while getting worked on and prepped for another trip. I'll let you know when she's ready.

-Brian

#10 Guest_turboroo_*

Guest_turboroo_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:57 PM

sound good to me. I also have a toyota 4x4 if you think the RX would not be able to hang. but I would like to keep it all sube if possible. I know when to stop if things get too nasty. turbo wont hold me back. crapy stock size tires might though. it does have low range too. I have been wanting an excuse to try that out.:)

#11 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:58 PM

Well, the buddy i always go out with has a 94 Jeep Wrangler with some nice tires and a mild lift. A toyota would not look out of place, and it would probably go more places we go.

Right now the wagon will remain in the garage for about a week. But i have next Wed, Thurs and Fri off, so maybe one of those days we all can go.

-Brian

#12 Guest_subieman_*

Guest_subieman_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2003 - 10:11 AM

You better count me in Brian! :mad: hehe Maybe I'll take the Loyale next time and see how she handles the back roads.. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users