Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New guy here, and have fxt setup and want to drop it in ?

Hello everyone, I was referred here by barricuda. We did some business on another site and got to talking and he lead me here. I'm in the automotive restoration and fabrication business and love doing some crazy swaps.

I currently have a 04 wrx wagon with the typical sti swap for my daily driver. I came across a 05 forster fxt that was part of payment for a side job. So sold some parts and was going to keep just the short block as a back up. But actually came across another setup. So now I'm looking to put this setup into something????

First I was looking to do a old 914 as u can get them cheap. But now I was thinking an old brat? Or maybe a sleeper dl? Any ideas or leads would be appreciated. Not looking for a big dollor roller! But so far this site looks awsome and was told that alot of you have don't stuff like this before.

Now I'm only a subie guy for 2 years and learned a lot doing the work on my wrx. But will definitely need pointers on a conversion. So once again I'll start doing my home work and look forward to speaking with you guys. Thanks.

And if any forester people need any parts feel free to contact me. Thanks

Conversion eh? Too much trouble for me. I prefer to "run whatcha brung". Still, I gotta admire folks swapping the ECU's and all electronics of one car to the other.

Good luck with it all. Gas Monkey Garage seems to do some nice swaps. But hey, I am just a piddling do it yourself'r, FAR from being on the same level as Gas Monkey Garage.

I do get a kick out of some of their swaps though. They dropped a fuel injected 2015 Charger motor and trans into an old 70's Charger if I remember correctly.

You might consider a Subaru ultralight aircraft. Just kidding sort of. Hey, again, best of luck to you in your endeavors.

Hope I didn't come off like a rump roast..I just was getting at that the trill of doing my job is getting old. And as a 20 year vet, the people who used to do old cars up are not the same people! Gas monkey does amazing work.

As for the wiring and ecu swap. It's what I do all day. I probably did a 100 ls swaps and also I do the FAST setups , etc

I just got into the subaru world a few years ago. Now I love them and what to do something different.

I was referred hear by another member . But I hate negatively and what I like and what u like could be 2 different things.

Anyway, still poking around here , and see a lot of cool stuff some of u guys have done.

I'm thinking a brat. They seem to get good money for them. So what are some of the things to look out for? Besides rust..

And what parts of the car are hard to find? With the driving train I'm not concerned with as Im going to do a swap.

And last thing are there any companies reproduceing parts?

Thanks