Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted ea81T wagon cooling fan questions

ShawnW

3" lift on the wagon. I am trying to find a working combination for a fan setup that will allow me to have 1 fan that runs all the time like the water pump driven one, and one that will work when the AC is on. Ideas?

3" lift on the wagon. I am trying to find a working combination for a fan setup that will allow me to have 1 fan that runs all the time like the water pump driven one, and one that will work when the AC is on. Ideas?

If the vehicle came with AC should be able to just hook up the OEM secondary electric fan and it will automaticly come on when the AC is on. The other one (main fan) you will want to tie into your ignition switch circut if you want it to turn on/off with the ignition switch. Personally I run my main fan on a lighted toggle switch. The light helps me remember not to leave it on :)

Solved now.

Remember, 83-84 Ea81T cars have a water pump driven clutch fan. This will not work with a lifted car and really wouldnt do much good either as the engine is no longer lined up with the radiator anyway.

Instead I used an 84 Ea81 carb wagon AC fan in place. I had to chop one of the fan shroud brackets off and will run it with 2/3 mounts in place. The pulser bracket and pulser just barely clear.

Thanks!