Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SUBARU WRX 98 SEDAN STALLS WHILST DRIVING

STALLING

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KRACKHOR

KRACKHOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • NSW

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

HI ALL,     

I have a Subaru WRX 98 model sedan 4dr.  

Roughly for the past 4-5 weeks, my Check Engine light will come on whilst driving and then whilst doing 70kmh with foot off the accelerator, rolling, then ill go to press the pedal whilst still in motion and it will be flat, constantly bucking if i press the accelerator on and off real fast sometimes it will come out of it.    Majority of the time I have to put it in Neutral and let it Stall. 

The car will start back up straight away, but sometimes as i go to take off it may take me 6 to 7 attempts as it keeps stalling. 

It seems to be getting worse and i always notice the check engine light on when it happens. 

Another thing i have noticed is that when i come to a stop and put gear in neutral, my RPM will drop to around 400 and then gradually work its way back up to where it should be, not sure if that is a different problem or part of the same. 

Someone please Help,   Any ideas !!

#2 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

I read a lot about Subarus. '03H6OBW,'06WRX

• Members
  • 7,984 posts
  • Texas

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:15 PM

if your 98 has OBDII similar to our cars - reading and posting the DTC (trouble code) would help a lot.

is the light solid or flashing when it happens?

#3 KRACKHOR

KRACKHOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • NSW

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

The light is solid ..

#4 KRACKHOR

KRACKHOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • NSW

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:34 PM

a

Edited by KRACKHOR, 10 February 2016 - 02:36 PM.

#5 KRACKHOR

KRACKHOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • NSW

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

if your 98 has OBDII similar to our cars - reading and posting the DTC (trouble code) would help a lot.

is the light solid or flashing when it happens?

The light is solid ..   i dont have the OBD2 Cable required to get the error code 

#6 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 7,984 posts
  • Texas

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:43 PM

there MAY be a way to mate some connectors under the dash to get a 'blink code'. Here, we can also get auto parts retailers to read codes for us. If you own a smartphone, there is a BlueTooth adapter and free app that will let you read codes and other info for less that $15-$20 or so.

hopefully, someone with more experience will chime in.

#7 KRACKHOR

KRACKHOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • NSW

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

The light is solid ..   i dont have the OBD2 Cable required to get the error code 

Im sure it could be a thousand things,  I guess i was just hoping that maybe someone else had a similar problem to point me in the right direction to fix the problem ... :-(

#8 KRACKHOR

KRACKHOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • NSW

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

there MAY be a way to mate some connectors under the dash to get a 'blink code'. Here, we can also get auto parts retailers to read codes for us. If you own a smartphone, there is a BlueTooth adapter and free app that will let you read codes and other info for less that $15-$20 or so.

hopefully, someone with more experience will chime in.

ok great thanks for that bud

#9 KRACKHOR

KRACKHOR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • NSW

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

ok great thanks for that bud

Hi again i have had the car scanned and im showing a problem in injector no 4 and a air valve senor problem as well

#10 1 Lucky Texan

1 Lucky Texan

• Members
  • 7,984 posts
  • Texas

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

if you could post the actual trouble code numbers (DTCs) it could, someone else if not me.

after recording the code numbers, you can clear them, then monitor how quickly and which ones come back. Sometimes a 'glitch' occurs and might persist for sometime.

if yoy're unsure about the injector, swap it with one in a different cylinder and see if the problem moves with the injector.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: STALLING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users