Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headlights, composite out, sealed beam in

My headlights are very fogged up on the inside and I can't seem to find replacements.  Has anyone retrofitted sealed beam headlights into a composite headlight system?  Mine are so fogged on the inside that I have to run high beam just to see at night.  It doesn't even seem to bother oncoming traffic.

post-16543-0-92895600-1455197643_thumb.jpg

They can be removed by undoing the four nuts holding them in. Once out, the lens is held by clips and a gasket with glue. After removing the clips you should be able to separate the lens by breaking the seal.

Or once the assembly is removed pour a cleaning solution  (windex?) And slosh around. Rinse and oven dry for 30 min at 200 degrees. 

At the risk of repeating some of the other posts. This is how it's done. Undo the four nuts that hold the headlight in. Remove the two clips holding the lens on.

Now slowly and carefully heat the glue seam with a heat gun (less than $20 @ harbor freight). Once it gets to the point of being to hot to touch, Carefully pry the lens from the reflector. You can then clean it with your choice of cleaners. remember to clean the old glue from the lens & reflector.

You can then reseal/glue it with RTV, Use the clips hold the lens till RTV cures.

Ed