Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was looking around for a set of spark plug wires, didn't know whether to go the NGK route ordered online for about $40 or back to Advance Auto where I have gotten sets before. Then I thought the ones I got at Advance said guaranteed on the slip which I had kept. The guy wanted to see the set I bought, so I pulled those out as well as any spares I had in the car.  He said they don't sell those though I had the receipt and remember they were the same ones.  Should I go to corporate on this with all the records, and they will speak with "Ross" at the store?  How much proof do they need?

Did you ask to talk to the store manager?

Advance just went through a supply/rebrand/merger thing with Carquest, and most all of the parts they sell now are Carquest boxed and branded versions of the same parts they used to sell.

Some parts brands may have changed, and some of their previous brands may have been replaced or dropped. The warranty should still be valid, you just need to push the issue with the right person.

I buy a lot of product from Advance Auto. If you read the warranty info thoroughly on receipt, it will say "Limited life time warranty," on most items. Further reading will say that it is only a 90 day warranty. So you are pretty much stuck with that.

However..............the store must have some leeway on warranty work. I recently bought an RV that had a bad blower motor in the under hood HVAC system. I found the receipt from previous owner from Advance, and took it to their store. The receipt showed sale in 2011, and not my name on the receipt. It very much surprised me that the store honored the warranty, which I am sure I was not eligible for. Pretty sure since the counter people, and store manager know me so well, they gave me a deal. All I had to do was return the old blower motor as a "core" to complete the warranty work.