Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Sumo 1ltr 2wd UK needing some help (also for sale)

Well hello everyone, I am new here, let me set the scene, about 6 months ago now I saw a Sumo for sale just down the road so me being me I bought it... went to pick it up and no start, anyway it now has an MOT and most things are good, a new set of brake lines and some welding and a bulb or two. The problem is though i think with the carburetor, when changing up a gear there is a flat spot in the fuel input and power drops you have to keep your foot flat to the floor and play the clutch balance game. 

The carb is a rare model too which does not help it's the Hitatchi HCK34 horizontal single barrel carb, it may not be helping that we suspect the vacuum lines are in the wrong places but with no documentation i can find it is all a guessing game. What I am after is if anyone knows anything about these carbs, where to get some parts? does anyone have one to spare? 

I have read somewhere that it could be related to an egr but it appears blanked off. any thoughts and or suggestions please. Happy to answer any questions.

Also would be willing to sell it to an enthusiast. 

cheers

post-61846-0-94124200-1455312274_thumb.jpgpost-61846-0-27210900-1455312268_thumb.jpgpost-61846-0-80560800-1455312279_thumb.jpg