Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pugeut rims

I was in a wrecker today and I found 4 old Pugeot cars all with wheel rims. 8 alloys with centre caps and 4 steel ones. Let me know if you're interested. I'd buy them all if someone wants to purchase some for their Loyale, GL or older Subaru 4x4. Message me on here or e-mail me @ krishokanson777@hotmail.com.   Cars are located on Vancouver Island Canada. 

I posted a pic from online that is an axact wheel are these cars have. The steel ones are straight but some rust.

- Kris

post-52112-0-70235100-1456544710_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kris79

• 2 weeks later...

Bummer, since the allow wheels would have been sweet on my Brat, but too late now. I just looked at 4 steel Pugeot wheels today for $20 each. Any ideas for center cap on the Pugeot wheels if/when I buy them?  I am thinking of having them powder coated.  Is that good or bad idea?  Thanks

On the Peugeot steel wheels (jdkneppy), I assume these are the standard 14" steelies. The center cap cutout has two "ears" (like a rectangular box running through a circle). The OEM cap is designed to lock into place, and they are very difficult to find. When I was running them I looked for a long time and never found one, otherwise I would have copied them with a silicone mould.

What I would suggest you could do is search on eBay for the same size hole and clip them (or hotglue them) in place. Check seller deluxe-choice, I bought item #231342360737 for a set of early WRX wheels and they worked well. You need to pay attention to the inner diameter size, late model Subaru are 59mm which might be too large.

For powder-coating, I wouldn't recommend it. I found the wheels still rusted after about 4 years between the inner and outer parts of the wheel. And Australia is a lot more forgiving on rust than Oregon (no salt on the roads, no snow, etc). I would be having them painted with something strong, maybe like you use for the cabs of pickups.

If the Peugeot steel wheels are the same as dfoyl described I found a sheet metal plug that fits them. It is made by Au-ve-co products, part#18804, 2 1/2" hole size, 3" head diameter. Since they are designed for sheet metal and the rims are a little thicker you will need to mix a small amount of JB Weld and smear around the lip with a tooth pick. They are a flat plastic black plug. Look good too!

Whitman MA and if interested email me at 

Dylanfoureau@yahoo.com

or shoot me a text at 5089427148

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/157884-1988-subaru-rx-turbo-wheels-for-sale/

IMAG0942.jpg

I have all four and two have brand new tires. 

Ive got some 2002 wrx wheels if anyone wants me take measurements of center caps

Ive got digital vernier calipers so accurate to nearest .001" =)

I bought the 4 Peugeot steel wheels I found last week for $80.  The center hole is 64-65 mm with cut outs and the Subaru caps are only 60mm in diameter, so working on a fix for that. Will give Bratman2's idea a try.   I need to sandblast then prime & paint the wheels and find 4 tires.  Because of the funky mount Peugeot used will regular lug nuts work?  I was planning to chamfer the holes with a large drill bit before I paint them.  Good or bad idea?  Will 195/75-14 fit on my 83 Brat or can I go larger? Thanks

Edited by jdkneppy

You may need the Peugeot lug nuts. They have a "U" shaped washer made onto the base that fits the curved portion of the rim. I have the older 505 steel rims with the larger center cut out but my set required that lug nut. If it doesn't have the chamfered hole I don't think there is enough metal to bevel it and get a good seat on the lug nut. I  seen some 505 steel rims that had the proper seat for a regular style lug nut.

Will 195/75-14 fit on my 83 Brat or can I go larger? Thanks

I had 195/75/14s on my EA81 hatch and they rubbed at full lock. I replaced them with 195/70/14s when the other set wore out (they didn't rub enough to warrant changing them beforehand,) and now I have zero contact.

Dan

• Like 1

• 1 year later...