Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Touch-up paint questions.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 photo2001

photo2001

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Northeastern U.S.

Posted 03 June 2004 - 01:35 AM

Did something today to my 2000 Forester that was really dumb. I was parked waiting for someone to come out of a store. When they were on their way to my car, I opened the passenger door and threw it open. *BAM!!* The door hit something solid. I couldn't image what it was, then looked and it was a very low brick wall about a foot high. It was too low to see from my vantage point when I parked there, but it still made me sick. I imagined a big dent, but when I got home, all I could find was a scratch in the gray painted cladding in the edge of the door. Not that bad.
Does anyone know if there is a special touch-up paint for the gray cladding? I think it's a plastic material, but I'm not sure.

#2 JBRIII

JBRIII

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Lousiville, KY

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:42 AM

We just got some from paintscratch.com. It matches perfectly. Touched up the rocker panel's on my wifes 96OBW we're getting ready to put on the market. They have the type with the flex additive as well. You need your paint code from the doorjamb to place the order.

John

#3 photo2001

photo2001

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Northeastern U.S.

Posted 04 June 2004 - 04:04 AM

Thanks!

Just curious, what is the purpose of the flex additive?

#4 JBRIII

JBRIII

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Lousiville, KY

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:58 AM

If you have a urethane bumper or spoiler that you can push on, it keeps the paint from cracking. I'd say it's mainly for bumpers, spoilers, ground effects, etc.........

I had one on my BMW and the added it to the paint. You could squeeze it all day long and nothing happened to the paint.

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users