Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 intake leak

I wish that could good picture the leak, but my intake is on the car. Used a spare to show location. I found my telescoping mirror and now see, what looks like stress fracture from the circle to front of intake. Is this common? Dont, think I have seen a post about it.

Edited by superpoo93

There is a 1/4" bypass hose that runs from your intake to thermostat housing.  Check that for leaks.  Sometimes, the hose will only leak when the coolant is up to boiling temp ... then steam will spray out of the damaged part of the hose.     And 1/4" is the ID.

Well.. I'm dumb. I hate to admit it, but I over looked something. The upper rad hose clamp was not tight and coolant was streaming along the thermostat and under the intake. Always tell others the think small and I failed to follow my own advise. ????

another vernier that is useless without battery - unless you are happy with rough centimetre figures :(  I recently paid good money at a tool shop for similar and not amused to find must read the screen :(