Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bought my first Subaru last week!

My 2014 Chevy Sonic Turbo hatchback was sadly totaled a few weeks ago, so this past Saturday we went shopping specifically for Subarus. We originally were looking at a 2005 Outback from a 3rd party dealer that my wife liked, however I insisted on taking it to a Subaru dealership and paying for inspection. Thankfully it paid off as the car (being sold for 8,000) needed about 6-8,000 worth of repairs. I ended up finding another car at the Subaru dealership.

Got a 2006 Subaru Impreza Wagon. Loving it so far, even though its at 141k miles it drives super smooth and doesnt feel old at all. I'd even say it drives better than my 2014 Sonic did. The salesman told me this was a rare car, I'm not sure if he was just pulling my leg though, but I'm glad to be part of the club now.

• Like 1

Going from a Sonic to an Impreza is like trading a shopping cart for a Sherman tank, you made the right move!

I did really like that Sonic though, it was a very fun car to drive. Thankfully it was a 5-star crash car, if it hadnt I might have been injured. Was a pretty brutal 5-car wreck. I do still miss the Sonic but I hope that one of these days I can get a Subaru of my own. My wifes driving the impreza, and I have inherited her 2004 Corolla which is the most boring car I've even driven, more so than my old Cavalier.

I was told by someone on the Sonic forums though that the 2006 Impreza Wagons were prone to rust on the rear strut towers where the back seatbelt mounts. I was planning on spraying some rustoleum or something there when I have time.

Edited by blake