Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 Subaru Loyale Wagon - No Spark

1993 Subaru Loyale AWD Wagon (SPFI) with no spark condition. Tried new distributor, coil/power transistor assembly and ECU(used). 12 volts at both positive and negative coil connections which seems odd. Car was at dealer for repair and they couldn't fix it for lack of accurate electrical system diagram. Engine wiring diagram in FSM is functionally correct but many of the wire colors don't match. Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Went the the procedure in the FSM for a no start condition and no +/- 5V voltage change is being seen by the ECU from the crank angle sensor so the FSM says its a bad sensor. However, the distributor (with new crank angle sensor) has been changed out twice and still no +/- 5V signal to ECU.

My memory is weak, but I think there are posts in this forum about distributor wires and the colors.  Since you mentioned changing distributors it's possibly the color connections may be off.

See this link for partial discussion.  There are likely more posts on the subject.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/148648-help-with-93-loyale/?do=findComment&comment=1246915

hope this helps

Edited by Dee2

That was an excellent suggestion. I reversed the green and white wires and now I'm getting spark. Car still doesn't start so I'll go back through the timing procedure especially since the distributor has been taken out multiple times.

Thank you very much....