Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 to EJ22 in progress!

Very nice I dig the no timing belt covers can't see if my photo but that's the same thing I did

Makes it way easier to change a timing belt don't even have to take the balancer off

Oh those pictures were just a trial fit.

I do have the covers on.  I plan on taking it off road regularly and don't want a branch, rocks, etc etc knocking my t-belt off.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh those pictures were just a trial fit.

I do have the covers on.  I plan on taking it off road regularly and don't want a branch, rocks, etc etc knocking my t-belt off.

I run no T belt go off road all the time never have a problem those covers suck lol

• 2 months later...

It's been done for a while.

The car will now do 80mph effortlessly!  Before I could hardly hit 70 unless the highway was perfectly flat.

It has great compression.  The cylinders looked excellent inside.

I just pulled the engine out because the car was smoking like CRAZY upon deceleration.

When getting the engine ready to put in for the swap I put all new gaskets and seals in it but I never pulled a piston because the cylinders looked good inside.  The piston tops did have a bunch of carbon build up so I cleaned it all off.  That should have been my clue.

Anyhow stuck oil control rings.  I have pulled the oil rings and am soaking them in some cleaner overnight then will put the engine back together.

Should do the trick!