Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat dashboard speakers

They are replaceable, but it will take a little bit of work. You want to purchase 3x5 speakers. Remove the old ones. I believe they have a little frame around them. You'll need to file or Dremel the frame to accept the new size. Cut the wires (with connector) from the old speakers and solder them to the new speakers and install. I did all the speakers in my Brat some time ago and finally got around to building a factory looking custom center console for a new head unit. I even installed an amp (well hidden) and two subs under the seats. The install took a while as I made sure the way things are fitted would deter anyone from trying to take them IF they found them.. Unless they happen to carry very specialized tools and have about 2 hours to waste removing them. Hehehe.

Edited by skishop69

I've used 4x6 with great success in my EA81s, but had to redrill the speaker chassis.  You will need to get creative, but it can be done.

Anything smaller than a 4x6" speaker is going to sound like crap (Coming from a guy with one 4x6" car and another car with 3.5" rounds).

Edited by carfreak85