Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hornet racing

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 randomizer

randomizer

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:41 PM

I was looking at the required specs for the hornet racing at the evergreen speedway, and I was thinking it would be kind of fun in a subaru. Although the XT would probably be the best choice, it would be a shame to beat it up. On the other hand, an already beat up two wheel drive coupe would be nice.

Just an idea

#2 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:07 PM

I had the same idea... I saw it done with an xt the last time I was there. It was a fwd model. I don't think they would let you run a 4x4 subaru?

#3 carfreak85

carfreak85

EA81T Sherpa

• Members
  • 4,796 posts
  • Bell-something...

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:19 PM

What is hornet racing?

#4 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:20 PM

You get a cheapo car paint it yellow and black and smash into the other cars or something on a figure 8 track.

#5 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,290 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:50 PM

Oh, Ohkay, that sounds like more fun that my origonal thought of hornet racing. I had a different kind of hornet racing the other day in the Brat, a few of them decided that they wanted to move into my Brat, and in the process of getting them to go away, I would tick them off, then go racing away as they came after me.

#6 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:44 PM

No way man the green hornet is the only wheels i have..................

#7 XSNRG

XSNRG

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:36 PM

They do that down here at the Olympia/Tenino Speedway but they call them BumbleBees...they have to be N/A and 2WD.

I have a 2wd XT that runs good and is partly stripped for el cheapo if anybody wants to go racing. It needs a muffler welded on but is licensed.

#8 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:51 AM

I so knew you were gonna post that haha. I wonder if I could use the volvo? sense its already yellow, 2wd and n/a. MAN that car would rule I could race with it forever lol.

#9 XSNRG

XSNRG

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 05 June 2004 - 10:18 AM

I was thinking the XT would make an awesome Gr2 Rally Cross car. I was interested in Hoent/BumbleBee racing unti i found out it's N/A 2wd only, I wanted to run one of my RX's.

#10 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:00 AM

i know that here at concord it has to be FWD, and no newer than 1988 or so...so you couldnt use the volvo.

#11 SuperRallyRoo

SuperRallyRoo

Defundit.com

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  • Tacoma, Wa.

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:33 PM

Well here I saw them racing a Ae86 toyota corrolla and I know thats rwd and probably an 86. So my the volvo is a 73 so ya never know... :)

#12 XSNRG

XSNRG

• Members
  • 3,657 posts
  • Olympia

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:07 PM

I'm pretty sure there is a limit on engine size too.

#13 randomizer

randomizer

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Shoreline

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:07 PM

I looked at the rules on the evergreen homepage and they didn't say anything about year or drivetrain. It has to be a fourbanger with a wheelbase of no longer than 100something inches. I believe a stock turbo is also ok, but I'm not sure.

i know that here at concord it has to be FWD, and no newer than 1988 or so...so you couldnt use the volvo.

#14 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 11:38 AM

no turbos here at concord.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users