Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hornet racing

I was looking at the required specs for the hornet racing at the evergreen speedway, and I was thinking it would be kind of fun in a subaru. Although the XT would probably be the best choice, it would be a shame to beat it up. On the other hand, an already beat up two wheel drive coupe would be nice.

Just an idea

Oh, Ohkay, that sounds like more fun that my origonal thought of hornet racing. I had a different kind of hornet racing the other day in the Brat, a few of them decided that they wanted to move into my Brat, and in the process of getting them to go away, I would tick them off, then go racing away as they came after me.

They do that down here at the Olympia/Tenino Speedway but they call them BumbleBees...they have to be N/A and 2WD.

I have a 2wd XT that runs good and is partly stripped for el cheapo if anybody wants to go racing. It needs a muffler welded on but is licensed.

I looked at the rules on the evergreen homepage and they didn't say anything about year or drivetrain. It has to be a fourbanger with a wheelbase of no longer than 100something inches. I believe a stock turbo is also ok, but I'm not sure.

i know that here at concord it has to be FWD, and no newer than 1988 or so...so you couldnt use the volvo.