Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81T brake lines on firewall - heat shield mounting ?

A problem with RHD and turbo is the turbo and its cat put out some heat and we have our brake master and associated steel lines rather close. I am about to embark on EA81 out, EA82T in

lots of things to consider as the EA82 5 sp DR 4WD box and one piece custom tailshaft has to go in, an EA82 clutch pedal and cable modded all in a rather confined space - albeit on dry smooth concrete :)

part of my ten year preparation is considering a heat shield for the brake master and the lines on the firewall and keep some heat away from the drivers feet.

I dunno about LHD but our RHD EA81 bodies have a number of brake lines on the firewall with a factory bracket behind that looks like it is screaming out to be a heat shield mounting point.

I am guessing the bracket is for a heat shield on LHD EA81T to protect some brake lines on the passenger side firewall.

A pic would save some words ....must go and try ....

botopucket is just not playing easy so will let you people use your imagination . I tend to find some stupid bear trying to sell me unwanted stuff in a hidden window sneaking my upload space with its unwanted download dollop :(

Edited by jono

I still had to deal with a cranky looking polar bear on a blue background accomodation deal pop up behind the main window  :(

but, finally , after about the fifth attempt ....

note it is RHD, is right hand side, see the speedo and clutch? cables to get an idea of where this bracket is

DSC07318_zpsixp05znr.jpg

maybe there is none or fewer brake lines in this area on LHD ?

The turbo location does not change, but do the heater hoses enter the firewall on LHD passenger side ?

Edited by jono