Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rallycross results are posted

Guest edrach

Guest Flowmastered87GL

hmmm I WOULD have gotten 4th in production had I not had the weber on there. I got 7 minutes 15 seconds total score... not bad, but all the brats beat me bad... even Jasons 76 beat me by a second :lol:

Guest edrach

Mike, what tires were you running? If stock you would have been okay in Production. You can't compare your times to the Brats since the top three had significant advantages with tires (don't know about the others in the class). However, my earlier comment about the Weber still holds--it sounded decidedly sickly. Something major is amiss with it because your car should run 200% better with the Weber and not worse.

Guest Witte

Wee looks like I got 15th overall and 12th in class.

The top people in each class were damn fast (other than PGT?), as evidenced by the number of GP 2 and GP5 cars beating open class cars.

Funny thing? At an autoX a guy asked me if I rallyX my car... so we get to talking, and he wants to get teh wify a new car so he can rallyX her subaru again. He was all sandy when I told him to buy a cheap brat instead, but we all know how fast the brats really are out there.

Guest edrach

I'm personally convinced that a properly set up Brat in the hands of a competent driver can compete with the open cars. My car has 275K+ miles on it (I don't think the engine is original) with a weber and LSD and decent rally tires. My son posted some very competitive times with it. He's played with the big boys with his own Brat--'82 DL with decent tires and LSD (no weber yet) last year; finished 6th overall against 134 entrants on the last event of last year on an exceptionally fast course! Ideal car has low end torque and the ability of the driver to feather the throttle enough to not spin the wheels and get maximum forward motion.

Guest Flowmastered87GL

My tires did not matter Ed... as soon as they saw the stock air cleaner... sorry not production, I need to use the snorkel to the fender. Then they saw WEBER on the carb.... yep, not stock. All production can really do is the exhaust and coil that I had. A K&N is ok, but it has to use the stock airbox. Oh well... I will either run PGT in my Impreza next time, or Open with any one of my cars with snow tires :evil:

Guest bajavwnsoobnut

hahahaha :P :cool: :evil: I beat Mike hehehe but hey it was fun and I can't wait till next time hehe

Guest bajavwnsoobnut

yep now if you want to trade carbs I can see if I can do better hehe

now to find some nice traction tires :D:eek:

• 2 weeks later...