Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Missed out on the last one... how about this? '94 Legacy Ti

Seems like my quest to become a Subaru owner is harder than I thought... other people want them too!

Here's a '94 Legacy Ti manual w/ 184k on it. This is what the owner had to say:

I purchased the car from Dan's Subaroo Sales (subaroo.com) in Lake Oswego, outside of Portland. Dan's is a pretty amazing place -- all Suby, all the time. It is primarily a service center, but when long-time customers are upgrading to newer Suby's, Dan often buys them. So, when I bought mine, it had been through a full dealer-quality makeover, and I paid quite a bit more than blue-book for a warranty and peace of mind. More than worth it -- it's been the easiest car I've owned.

I've put about 14,000 miles on it in three years. Two problems during all that time: Leaky gasket up front during 2003. I had the front and rear engine completely re-sealed. No problems since. The other problem was the right rear shock, which was adjusting on hills (pneumatic shocks in '93-'94 Legacy Ti's) -- settling to level out the car. Had a thorough inspection at Carter Subaru on Aurora -- where I have all service done -- and they said no worries, everything is working as it should: The system self-adjusts, which is why it rides so nicely on the freeway. I've only known one other Ti -- friends in Rhode Island have one -- and they say the same about theirs.

The 180,000-mile checkup showed no problems -- just had rear brakes completely re-done as a matter of maintneance. Clutch is tight. Lots of get-up-and-go. Gas mileage is about 28 on the freeway, and 22 in town. Very clean and no dents or dings. It doesn't have a CD player. I have a Yakima RocketBox up top right now -- you're welcome to it if you like.

His original asking price was $4600, which seemed ridiculously high for a car with that many miles. Now it's down to $4150. I haven't seen it yet, but if it's as nice as he says it is, what would be a proper price? I attempted to KBB it but they wouldn't allow a Ti with a manual transmission... even so, the price was less than $3500.

Thanks again. I have faith that with your help, I will finally be able to put my beloved '89 Camry to rest.

That seams pretty high to me also. Just for reference I purchased a 91 LS 5spd AWD Wagon from a Colorado Subaru shop, had all service done, new fluids tranny, diffs, new belts, etc. Nearly perfect shape, plus Thule roof rack.

108,000 for $3500 about 5 months ago.

This is Colorado and prices on Subaru's here are high.

Good look at the car, point out every issue, ding here, leak there, etc. Bring cash and say I have $3000 cash for the car today.

See what happens! :brow:

Ti= touring edition. Apparently they have some sort of self-adjusting pneumatic shocks for a tour-riffic ride. Or something like that. ;)

Out of curiousity, what's the difference between the various L, LS, LSi, etc. versions of Legacies?

That legacy is extremely rare and 4k for it in great condition (which it sounds like) is a great price. It was only available for one year, and had special things other first gen legacies didnt even get.

As far as the differences between the trim levels that all depends on the year. But basically the more letters the more stuff you get :) The exception to this is the Ti/Mi/Gx/STD etc