Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'97 impreza 'sauron' the offroad wagon

GuyTDi

Hi guys, here to introduce my 97 impreza wagon , EJ20 with low range 5speed. My first scooby but not my first 4x4, have a landrover here thats mutated horribly into something no longer fit for public roads.

The name sauron came from my neighbours kid who misread the 'subaru' logo on the trunk. I liked it so it stuck ;)

As a standard impreza is kinda boring, front lifted with standard forester struts, rear standard shocks but 2" raised forester king springs. 14" rims from a vw polo and 26" maxxis mt tires. Steel bumpers, roofrack and spare wheel carrier are some nice little projects i have going, a paintjob is on the list when all is said and done. A skidplate was one of the first things i made, no pictures of that tough...

post-61875-0-23099000-1461321596_thumb.jpeg

post-61875-0-80187300-1461321621_thumb.jpeg rear bumper and trailerhitch are done, in primer for now.

post-61875-0-69096600-1461321675_thumb.jpeg , also made these unequal length exhaust runners that tuck in nice in the body, also lost the catalysts.

post-61875-0-38274600-1461321861_thumb.jpeg beginnings of the front bumper

post-61875-0-45339100-1461321915_thumb.jpeg tucked it in as far as possible

Edited by GuyTDi

F & R bumpers looking slick! What thickness/size of steel in them?  And weights?

Got any napkin sketches of the spare carrier plan?  :banana:

EDIT:
You should paint a big firey Sauron eye on the hood.. it's already red, so you're halfway there!

Edited by MadMax11

Or perhaps. . .  I have a buddy with the stuff to just make me a set of proper decasl.  :evilgrin  I debadged it completely.  Folks would ask me what it was, I would tell them it was a Sauron XV.  lol

But you can have my idea if you want.  lol

m8dq.jpg

87pi.jpg