Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey all! Im a newbie to the forum. I have a 95 Legacy Wagon and recently acquired some 265 60 r16  tires and rims from a 05 Forester. The tires are almost new so Id love to keep them. Im assuming that Ill have to lift the car for them to fit. I want to try going with Outback struts cause i understand that is an easy way to gain about !.5 inches in lift. Is that enough?   Im also a bit concerned about the effect of my driveability and power going from Base 14s to a larger size.  Any input or advice?   Thanks!

You will be fine if you put either outback or forester suspension under there. Wont affect driveability at all. Your legacy is the same as an outback overall, but with the more reliable EJ22 motor. With outback suspension you'll have the best of both worlds. Bulletproof reliability of the EJ22 motor and ground clearance of the Outback.

Hi,

To clarify  - those are 215/60R-16 not 265, I'd guess.

They'll fit under the '96-'99 OB struts, which is my setup, too.

You'll notice less off-the-line speed and passing...as you've effectively dropped your FD ratio. Your speedo will also be off about 7%....so it'll show 70mph, but you'll be @ almost 75mph actual.......be advised.

GL,

TD