Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 Brat GL

thanks all for your help and acknowledgement, I finally started work on the Brat 2 days ago. I have the carb tore down and a carb kit on order. There is still gas in the truck, which has turned to varnish, and it needs a good oil change. What is oil filter code I wonder? I don't want to take it off and find it'll be 2 weeks before I can get one.

Technically me and my dad are going to Restore this bad dawg, so it'll be smooth. the best part is I got this truck with enough parts in the bed of it to build another engine completely, and a second interior, and a brat-shell, all for $150.00. Only condition is once I have it running I have to road trip it back down to the guy that I bought it from so he can see it. The miles will be healthy for the little buggar! I think this job won't be nearly as big as I anticipated, and with your advice, and my dad's and brother's help, I should be rollin' in no time. BTW I am located outside of Las vegas in Moapa Valley. Yes it is a desert. But I am very happy. thanks.

P.S. what is the firing order of the EA71 engine that I have?