Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Possible causes
- Ignition Coil No. 6 harness is open or shorted
- Ignition Coil No. 6 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Ignition Coil No. 6
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
What about the obd code?
The P1325 Subaru code is for the ignition coil No.6 and is set when there is no IGF signal to the ECM duringengine operation.
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1325 Subaru Description

Direct Ignition System (DIS) is a 1-cylinder ignition system that ignites one cylinder with one ignition coil. Ignitor is integral to ignition coil. The ece (ec) determines ignition timing and outputs a ignition signal (IGT) for each cylinder. Based on the IGT signals, power transistors in the ignitor cut of current to primary coil in ignition coil, causing ignition coil to fire spark plug. After delivering a command to turn off primary circuit on the IGT wire, ECM monitors IGF circuit to ensure primary switching occurred.

Is it my coil or the ECM ? Not sure how to test the wires going baCk to the ECM.  The Car runs good but something is not right.

I think what you are referring to as the coil is really the igniter. The individual coils that Fairtax4me is referring to fit over the plugs. Isn't that the type you have? If so you might be able to swap a couple of them to see if the trouble moves to a different cylinder. You say the engine is running fine so I assume that

One coil and a mistake on my part. I was getting a P0325. Knock sensor malfunction code. I cleaned the block to make sure I had a good solid ground. I tested the ground with a ohm meter. With the knock sensor unplugged I touched one probe from the meter to a ground and one probe to the plug on the sensor and got  zero resistance.  Now I am getting the P1325 that IS low voltage from knock sensor. So now what? I have a good solid ground at the sensor plug.

The wire from the knock sensor should tie to the ECU, not ground. If you saw zero ohms of resistance to ground on that wire then the wire is shorted to ground somehow. I doubt that is really the case but it could happen. If you are really saying you saw infinite ohms that I would really believe. When you test the sensor wire from end to end then you should see a very low ohm reading. If the wiring is okay then the most likely problem is a faulty sensor. They are known to go bad fairly often.

The knock sensor is a high impedance device. The resistance between the output lead of the sensor and ground should be well over 400k ohms. If you have a 2 pin connector to the sensor it appears pin 1 is tied to ground and pin 2 ties to the sensor output. The sensor output ties to  ECU connector B136 pin 4.